Troy School District
Listing Last Update: November 9, 2017
- Reading and writing
- To study for high school equivalency
- English language
- Information about the GED Test
- Citizenship Classes
You may use the contact information above to reach out to the program
or call 1-877-389-6874 for more help.
Troy Continuing Education (TCE) offers adult programming to promote and ensure Michigan's Future through education, job training, innovation and collaborative partnerships. TCE's goal is to ensure participants are provided a quality education while taking into account the need for flexible scheduling, support around barriers, workforce preparation skills, and persistence to succeed. TCE provides proactive strategies to support student education and navigation to employment.
- Learning is a lifelong process and everyone's contribution is needed
- A welcoming, engaging, and enthusiastic environment removes barriers to learning
- Every person is valuable, has worth and deserves to be treated with respect
- Students learn in different ways and at varied momentum
- Students, families, teachers, staff and community share the responsibility of education
- Access to technological resources, flexible learning environments and quality facilities enhance education
- Opportunities to advance knowledge and skills lead students to: become a contributing member of society, continue to post secondary schooling, secure a suitable occupation
- Reflection, problem solving, and creativity underlie meaningful learning processes
- A well-educated, supportive and professional staff are necessary to effectively serve the needs of all students
- Diverse people, perspectives, and practices strengthen and enrich our community.
Hours of operation: Bldg hours 8am-10pm, Office hours 8am-4pm
Cost info: $25 registration fee for most grant funded programs.
Student and Volunteer Success Stories
"Without the possibility of getting my GED at the Niles Center at convenient hours while attending the Oakland Community College in Auburn Hills and working, I would never have been able to transfer to Oakland University.
I am incredibly thankful for the support I got at the Nile Center. I was able to get my GED in record time and graduate from OCC with two degrees, all within the same semester. The GED and my two OCC diplomas opened the door for the Honors College at Oakland University. I know this is only the beginning for me, but without the Nile Center, I would have never come this far.
Thank you so much for giving non-traditional, non-native English speaking students such a wonderful start into an academic career.
Sincerely, Alexa Ruhfass"
"My name is Yan Zhang. I speak Chinese. My family moved to Michigan last year. I found this ESL program at Troy Continuing Education by Google search. I was very surprised by how good my teachers are here. All of them are super nice, super patient, their voice and the pronunciation are crystal clear to me.
In my class, Mrs. Hilda always makes sure everyone gets the same amount of practice, and explains to us the words and the grammar in a very detailed manner. That makes me pick up the words very quickly and fix a lot of my mistakes from using the words incorrectly. She always brings some new ideas and reading materials about new technology into class. It makes the class more fun and I really enjoy my class.
I also feel very lucky that I took a "work values" lesson right before I went for my job interview. The class at Career Pathway workshop helped me think through and make my decisions.
I like my class at TCE. Besides learning English, I also made a bunch of friends here, like Bocki, Lee, Anita etc…. They are all very smart women and hard learners. I will keep coming here as much as I can. I hope in the near future my English will get into another higher level."
Share great news about this program here (e.g., This program helped me improve my skills and start a new job!)