St. Bernard Adult Education at Nunez Community College
Listing Last Update: January 5, 2017
Location3710 Paris Rd.
Chalmette, LA 70043 www.nunez.edu/adult-education
- To read and write better
- To study for my high school equivalency exam
- To learn English
- To improve my math skills
- To improve my technology skills
You may use the contact information above to reach out to the program
or call 1-877-389-6874 for more help.
The St. Bernard Adult Education/Work Ready U Program at Nunez Community College Offers:
- HiSET (high school equivalency diploma) attainment
- Convenient hours and location
- Individualized, small and large group, computer assisted, proxy instruction
- Self-paced individualized plan of instruction
- Free instruction and use of materials to registered students
- Relaxed, comfortable, adult atmosphere on a college campus
- Quick access to admission at Nunez Community College while working on the HiSET Diploma
- Accommodating flex schedule
- Work from home and work at school
- Registration is every 6 weeks
Our Adult Education (Work Ready U) staff members help students transition into a two semester program that is open to veterans, displaced workers, adult learners, students pursuing a high school equivalency, and anyone else with a need for basic reading, writing, and math skills. This program, located at Nunez Community College, integrates basic skills with career and technical instruction. It includes a set of core classes and career training through college-level coursework. Career pathways in the Healthcare, Business, and Industrial Technology are available to interested and qualified students.
Hours of operation: 8:00 AM - 3:30 PM
Cost info: HiSET Diploma Register for HiSET class. (The only cost is a $20 registration fee). Complete the diagnostic assessment (TABE) in math, reading, and language to find your level of placement. Receive individualized tutoring/instruction. Complete the HiSET Practice Test. Register for the HiSET. (The cost is $90 pre-paid and non-refundable). Take the HiSET. The test is administered at CF Rowley on paper or computer. You must have a driver’s license or state picture ID to test and must be pre-scheduled.
Student and Volunteer Success Stories
According to Pat Pourciau (Adult Education/Work Ready U Director), "Being located at Nunez Community College helps us to find classes and programs that meet the needs of adult learners. Once we have these students enrolled in the HiSET program, we try to keep the momentum going with them so they leave ready to enter the workforce or continue their education even further."
Our Adult Ed/Work Ready U program serves the Greater New Orleans region and includes: St. Bernard, Plaquemines, Orleans, Jefferson, and St. Tammany parishes.