Listing Last Update: November 12, 2018
Location122 N Elm St Ste 920
Greensboro, NC 27401 www.readingconnections.org
- Reading and writing
- Find a family literacy program
- To help my child learn
- To study for high school equivalency
- English language
- How to use Computers/Technology
- Volunteer at a Program
- Information about the GED Test
- Family literacy program
You may use the contact information above to reach out to the program
or call 1-877-389-6874 for more help.
Reading Connections is a nonprofit adult literacy agency that provides free and confidential services that help to improve basic literacy skills, self-esteem, community service and leadership skills among adult readers who live or work Guilford County, NC.Our approach to teaching is student-centered which means:
- Students are at the heart of instruction.
- Students use life experience and knowledge of spoken English when learning to read and write.
- Materials are tied to students' goals, interests, and immediate real life needs.
- Students are seen as equal partners in the learning process.
- Students are matched one-on-one with tutors or in small groups based on their needs, goals, and individual reading level. Reading Connections serves a wide range of students – from those who are non-literate to those who are working towards their GED® (high school equivalency).
Mission: Reading Connections transforms our community by improving literacy and promoting educational equity for people of all ages, empowering them to navigate changes in an increasingly complex world.
Vision: We envision a fully literate community where all individuals have the knowledge, skills, and opportunities to flourish.
Hours of operation: Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Share great news about this program here (e.g., This program helped me improve my skills and start a new job!)