Greensboro, NC 27401
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Reading Connections is a nonprofit adult literacy agency that provides free and confidential services that help to improve basic literacy skills, self-esteem, community service, and leadership skills among adult readers who live or work in Guilford County, NC.Our approach to teaching is student-centered which means:
- Clients are equal and active partners in the learning process.
- Clients are matched one-on-one with tutors or in small groups based on their needs, goals, and individual reading level. Reading Connections serves a wide range of students – from those who are non-literate to those who are working towards their GED® (high school equivalency).
- Materials are tied to clients' goals, interests, and immediate real life needs.
- Clients use life experience and knowledge of spoken English when learning to read and write.
Cost InfoAll programming is free.
- Read and write better
- Find a family literacy program
- Study for my high school equivalency exam
- Learn English
- Improve my math skills
- Improve my technology skills
- Volunteer at a program
- Improve my workforce skills