Loudoun Literacy Council, Inc.
Listing Last Update: September 29, 2020
Location199 Liberty Street, SW
Leesburg, VA 20175 www.loudounliteracy.org
- Reading and writing
- Find a family literacy program
- To help my child learn
- To study for high school equivalency
- English language
- How to use Computers/Technology
- Volunteer at a Program
- Information about the GED Test
- Citizenship Classes
- Information about the HiSet Test
- Family literacy program
- Instruction in Spanish
You may use the contact information above to reach out to the program
or call 1-877-389-6874 for more help.
Loudoun Literacy Council's mission is to teach English communication skills and provide literacy resources to empower low-income adults and children to become self-sufficient and confident in their ability to achieve their personal and professional goals.
Our vision is that all those who live and work in Loudoun County will have the literacy skills required to participate and thrive in our community.
Our Core Values
· Respectfor our program participants, volunteers, and staff.
· Collaborationamong the board and staff as well as with our volunteers and partners in the community.
· Inclusivenessin our programs and events so that all feel welcome.
· Serviceto our community and its residents.
· Trustin the positive intent with which we all approach our work.
· Empowermentof our program participants and the staff and volunteers who serve them.
· Transparencyand ethical behavior in all interactions.
· Commitmentto race and gender equity in our program development, staffing decisions, and board decisions.
Hours of operation: 9:00-5:00 pm Monday through Friday
Cost info: Adult literacy classes are free and some classes cost $40 per 12 week term. Fee includes book. (All services are free and virtual during COVID-19) Individual tutoring is billed at $10/session for 10 sessions. Total cost $100. Scholarships are available and no one is turned away due to financial need. All family literacy services are free.
Share great news about this program here (e.g., This program helped me improve my skills and start a new job!)