Adult Basic Education
Listing Last Update: February 20, 2020
- To read and write better
- To help my child learn
- To study for my high school equivalency exam
- To learn English
- To improve my math skills
- To become a U.S. citizen
- Family literacy program
You may use the contact information above to reach out to the program
or call 1-877-389-6874 for more help.
ProJeCt's Adult Literacy Program offers free classroom instruction for disadvantaged adults who want to improve their reading, writing, speaking and listening skills. Our literacy programs serve as the cornerstone in our efforts to help individuals grow, achieve self-sufficiency and ultimately carry out their roles as workers, citizens and family members.
1) Adult Basic Education (ABE): Instruction in basic skills, such as reading, writing, arithmetic, and other skills, required to function in society, offered to persons 16 years of age or older who are not regularly enrolled, full-time pupils in an accredited secondary school. Practical life skills and preparation for post-secondary education and employment is emphasized.
2) General Educational Development (GED®): A GED® can pave the way for job opportunities, or lead to acceptance into job training or college courses. ProJeCt offers no cost instruction to prepare students to successfully master the subjects on the GED® test. Our literacy center is also a certified GED® test center.
3) English as a Second Language (ESL): This instruction is
designed to help improve English language skills for non-native speakers. Students are pre-tested and placed at the appropriate level of instruction. Students acquire academic English skills (reading, writing, and grammar), build their vocabulary, and increase conversation, listening comprehension and life skills.
ProJeCt's mission is to "build a better community by helping people help themselves." We believe that education is the key to fulfilling our mission, and offer a comprehensive system of services in order to help people learn, plan, and build productive lives. With the support of donors and community partners, we harness the power of education to break the cycle of poverty.
Hours of operation: Center Hrs. 9 AM-4:30 PM; Class Hrs. Mon.-Thurs. 9:30 AM - 1:30 PM & Mon.-Weds. 6:30 PM-9:00 PM
Cost info: There is no cost for this program. Adults must be at least 16 years of age, not currently enrolled in secondary education, and demonstrate a readiness to participate and achieve goals. ProJeCt has basic eligibility requirements of educational and financial need. Students must keep a high rate of attendance to stay enrolled.
Student and Volunteer Success Stories
"Project of Easton is helping me by motivating myself to further
my education. Before I had no motivation or ambition to go to college, but coming here lets me know I can make a goal and achieve it. I now am looking at going to college for nursing."
"ProJeCt of Easton is helping me to improve English. I just became a US citizen and want to practice listening and speaking skills. ProJeCt of Easton is a very good place and allows me to listen and practice English listening and speaking. The teacher is very nice and professional."
"ProJeCt of Easton has helped me become diligent
in all things, not only with school and getting my high school equivalency diploma, but with my personal life. It has taught me that you can do it no matter how many times you feel like quitting; you can always return and keep going from the mark you stopped at."