The Greenhouse Learning Center
Listing Last Update: January 5, 2016
Location300 East Vine Street
Murfreesboro, TN 37130 www.greenhousemin.org
- To read and write better
- To help my child learn
- To learn English
- To improve my math skills
- To improve my technology skills
You may use the contact information above to reach out to the program
or call 1-877-389-6874 for more help.
Greenhouse Ministries offers the following classes for free. Preregister by contacting Randy Williams for class schedule.
- Computers: Computer Basics I- Start at the very beginning and gain an understanding of the basic parts of the computer. Learn how to use a mouse, improve your typing skills, and learn how to create folders and saving files.
- Computer Basics II – This class will focus primarily on an intro to Internet and e-mail. It will be helpful to have completed Basics I before taking this class or any of the Microsoft Office classes.
- Word- This class is intended for students who want to learn basic Word 2013 skills, such as creating, editing, and formatting documents; inserting simple tables and creating lists; and employing a variety of techniques for improving the appearance and accuracy of document content.
- Excel- The class is for students who would like to learn the essential functions of Excel 2013. This includes entering data, using formulas, working with constant values and formulas, formatting worksheets, modifying columns and rows, editing workbooks, printing worksheets, and more.
- PowerPoint-This class is designed for students who wish to gain the foundational understanding of Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2013 that is necessary to create and develop engaging multimedia presentations.
- GED/HISET Tutoring:Students are required to take a practice test before attending classes. Students meet one-on-one with tutors to learn and practice the skills necessary to pass the GED/HISET.
- Budgeting: Classes will cover how to develop a budget, make plans to pay off any debt, and learn how to live on what they make.
- Parenting: The Family Center hosts classes that will cover appropriate discipline, partnering with your child's school, and appropriate roles models; among other topics. Classes last for 8 weeks.
- Literacy: Literacy classes that help students improve their reading skills. Classes are ongoing, and a student is welcome to attend until they reach their personal goal.
- Special Areas: We also offer special area classes periodically which include but are not limited to couponing, resume workshops, computer repair, acoustic music, home life skills and choosing health insurance. These classes can change monthly.
Hours of operation: 9:00 - 3:00, Tuesday through Friday