Listing Last Update: February 6, 2019
Location1044 Middlefield Rd
Redwood City, CA 94063 projectreadredwoodcity.org
- Reading and writing
- Find a family literacy program
- To help my child learn
- To study for high school equivalency
- English language
- How to use Computers/Technology
- Volunteer at a Program
- Information about the GED Test
- Family literacy program
You may use the contact information above to reach out to the program
or call 1-877-389-6874 for more help.
Established in 1987, Project READ is a free, volunteer-based literacy program serving adults, children and families. We are a four-time award-winning organization committed to providing literacy training throughout our diverse community. Tutoring lessons are student-centered, focusing on reading, writing and critical thinking skills and are supported by the generous help of our volunteers. Our intergenerational programs are designed to break the cycle of illiteracy by surrounding adults, youth and families with literacy services that promote education and a lifelong love of learning.
Project READ fuels the fire of hope through literacy. We believe literacy is not only a human right, but also a necessity, a gift of opportunity and hope for the future.
- Provide youth services to 350 academically at-risk students, grades 1 – 12
- Provide adult services to 400 adults in the community and correctional facilities
- Increase reading skills by an average of 3.0 grade levels in one year
- Train 150 new volunteer tutors
- Distribute 3,000 children's books to help build home libraries of the families in our program
- Increase grades of students in the Project READ programs and offer a safe and supportive learning environment.
- Provide early literacy activities for children whose parents are receiving tutoring and who do not have access to pre-school.
- Provide teen students who have been identified by schools as academically at-risk with tutoring, mentoring and opportunities to graduate from high school or earn their GED, attend college and improve their career options.
Share great news about this program here (e.g., This program helped me improve my skills and start a new job!)