Literacy Council of Frederck County, Inc.
Listing Last Update: October 14, 2020
Location110 E. Patrick Street
Frederick, MD 21701 www.frederickliteracy.org
- To read and write better
- To study for my high school equivalency exam
- To learn English
- To improve my math skills
- To improve my technology skills
You may use the contact information above to reach out to the program
or call 1-877-389-6874 for more help.
LCFC provides confidential one-to-one tutoring to Frederick County adults in basic reading and writing, and English as a Second Language (ESL). Lessons are free and individually scheduled at times convenient to student the tutor. If students are able, we ask that they pay for their workbooks. We also provide small classes in Beginning and Intermediate ESL, Conversation, Pronunciation, Writing for Communication, a parent-centered conversation class, computer literacy, health literacy, and workplace English in cooperation with local small businesses.
The Literacy Council of Frederick County teaches adults the reading and other English language skills they need to provide for their families and to contribute to the well-being and prosperity of our community.
VisionA community where literacy is attainable for everyone.
· Sustaining our organization through responsible
financial stewardship, sound management, and community engagement.
· Teaching a parent in order to educate a family.
· Educating our students in a learner-centered format
with compassion, confidentiality, and respect.
· Producing a safer, healthier, economically stronger,
and more vibrant community through adult literacy.
· Sustaining, empowering, and energizing a passionate, strong, dedicated volunteer base.
Hours of operation: Mon - Fri 9 am - 4 pm