Kingsborough Community CollegeNLD ID #21383
Brooklyn, NY 11235
The Kingsborough Community College CUNY Fatherhood Academy (CFA), which began at LaGuardia Community College in 2012, is a comprehensive program designed to promote responsible parenting and economic stability for unemployed and underemployed young fathers through education, employment, and personal development. Increasing familial engagement, attaining a High School Equivalency (HSE) diploma, and acquiring and sustaining gainful employment are all essential goals for participants enrolled in the CFA. The program's central focus is to help young fathers prepare for and enroll in college with the understanding that earning a college degree is the most effective path toward providing long-term economic stability for themselves and their families.
At Kingsborough, participants will receive:
- Preparation for the TASC, NY's official High School Equivalency Exam.
- Career and educational exploration.
- Preparation for college enrollment and job placement.
- Work experience through internships and/or part-time jobs.
- Workshops on important parenting topics including familial bonding, health, and financial literacy.
- Study for my high school equivalency exam