Friends of North Rosenberg
Listing Last Update: August 29, 2019
- To read and write better
- To help my child learn
- To study for my high school equivalency exam
- To learn English
- To improve my math skills
- To improve my technology skills
You may use the contact information above to reach out to the program
or call 1-877-389-6874 for more help.
GED Prep Course:
Our classes are structured to help individuals pass GED exams necessary to receive their GED Certificate. The subjects covered:
- Social Studies
A Pre & Post Test is given for each subject to determine whether or not the student is ready for the actual Exam. Students attend 6 classroom hours per week as well as work individually at home.
English As A Second Language (ESL)
An adult's ability to speak and understand English is important if he/she is to participate fully in today's society. The ESL classes are designed to help adults (18 years of age and older) to learn the four (4) basic communication skills - listening, speaking, reading, and writing - in ways that relate to everyday life.
Over a twelve-week period a student can expect:
- To be evaluated on English level
- Develop skills in conversational English
- Have experiential learning experiences in English outside the classroom
- Learn basic practices for writing and reading
- Develop friendships that can last a lifetime!
Basic Computer Skills
Much of our lives revolve around technology! Most job applications, registrations for events, job opportunities, and even advancement in educational opportunities require some level of efficiency on the computer.
In many areas we offer a basic computer skills class designed to:
- Familiarize students with the basic computer functions
- Understanding on how to understand online navigation
Development of beginner skills in word processing
Hours of operation: 9AM - 5PM