Chappell Hall CBX 040
Milledgeville, GA 31061
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday 9 - 4
Communities In Schools surrounds students with a community of support, empowering them to stay in school and achieve in life.
We aim to Change the Picture of Education in Baldwin County, to:
• Ensure at-risk students begin Kindergarten armed with the skills to succeed.
• Ensure students can read for comprehension by third grade and receive academic support through middle and high school.
• Provide adults with opportunities to obtain a high school equivalency degree and attend college or technical college
ASPIRE PROGRAM - A Student Parent Initiative Revitalizing Education (in the Baldwin Early Learning Center)
• provides one-on-one tutoring for at-risk students throughout the school day and whole school services
• serves 15 - 30 students/families in an intensive after-school program for at risk pre-k children to build academic readiness for kindergarten
• offers families adult education, including on-site courses for high school equivalency & college preparation, resume writing, interviewing skills, career exploration & readiness, and more
• brings the family together to learn about health, nutrition, prevention and technology
SITE COORDINATOR MODEL - (in all 4 Baldwin Elementary Schools and the Baldwin High School)
A Site Coordinator:
• is a single point of contact working within a school to provide integrated student supports
• connects students and families with community resources that address both academic and non-academic needs by leveraging relationships with local businesses, social service agencies, parents, and volunteer organizations
• manages 100's of volunteers to bring ongoing academic support to 10% of that school's student population and a minimum of 8 additional programs that serve the whole school
Whether it's tutoring, eyeglasses, food or a safe place to be after school, when student needs are met, students can concentrate on learning.
Certified Literate Community Program (CLCP):
The mission of the CISMBC Certified Literate Community Program is to provide resources for Baldwin County citizens to ensure literacy; “an individual's ability to read, write, speak in English, compute, and solve problems at the levels of proficiency necessary to function on the job, in the family, and in society". ~ Workforce Investment Act of 1998, Section 203
In partnership with Central Georgia Technical College, we broker sites in the community and provide scholarships for Adult GED tests.
- Read and write better
- Help my child learn
- Study for my high school equivalency exam
- Learn English
- Improve my math skills
- Improve my technology skills
- Volunteer at a program